Saturday, September 6, 2014

Summer

At the beginning of this summer, I had no idea what this summer was going to be like. Honestly, I worried what I was going to do with more than three months of summer vacation. While a lot of my peers had internships and jobs lined up for the summer, I had no plans. A few months before summer vacation started, I began to ask God to provide summer plans for me. As I look back on this summer, I am extremely thankful for all the ways that God provided over the summer. God never fails to provide when we seek Him! I've seen over and over again how God provides in His perfect timing - financially, knowledge, etc.

This summer I (so I don't forget!):

  • attended Grace Retreat as a photographer and as a young adult track member
  • got a car from my parents!!
  • took more than 200 GB of pictures
    • I ended up taking a lot of family portraits, which was a really good experience for me.
    • I learned more about event photography by photographing Grace Retreat and Abby & Maddy's first birthday party
  • helped out at the Elephant school (church day care)!
  • volunteered at the In & Out Surgery Department at Providence Hospital with Luke
  • tutored Luke some geometry & algebra
  • attended the Mid-Atlantic Summer Bible Conference
    • learned more about designing tshirts, typography, and Adobe Illustrator
    • made a reflection video with Susan + Hannah!
      • learned so much about video editing that I never knew
  • visited Toronto with my family
  • made a video for the gym! 
    • (This is one of the two that I made of the series. Also learned a lot about video editing from this experience.)
  • went to the gym
  • became a youth group teacher
It's hard to believe that school has already started. I think I'm still in summer mode. 

1 comment:

  1. Grace, one word that you used all throughout this post was "learned". You are a learner and always approach things with a humble learning attitude:) You are amazing at what you do, but you are constantly learning new things and adding to your plethora talent and accomplishments. Keep it up!

    I was thinking of doing a post like this too, but never got around to it. Thanks for inspiring me!
    -HB

    ReplyDelete

:)