Friday, January 23, 2015

Typography Adventure

It has been an exciting week! I've been trying to take advantage of the last week of winter break by creating things that have been in in my mind for a while (esp the build your kingdom one). I didn't intend to make something every day, but somehow it ended up that way. And shh, it sounds bad, but the best inspirations come from doodling during messages. Here are all the ones I made this week! Instagram has been a great place to learn and get inspiration from designers, typographers (is that what you call them?), and photographers. It's so exciting creating things!
This was based on missionary Elijah Park's seminar for the youth group last Saturday. He taught us the importance of studying (not just reading) the Bible - why we should study it and how we should study it. The main thing that stuck out to me was "read, read, read." In order to study the Bible, we must read the same passages over and over again. And then we will gain a deeper understanding of the passages. I realized that reading the Bible is a continuous process. If you read the Bible once, that's good. But that's only the beginning of your journey of knowing God! I also realized that I have merely been reading the Bible the past few months. I read it, but I didn't gain much understanding. I want to be able to meditate on a few passages this year and truly glean from it! But of course, I can't do this without the help of the Holy Spirit. 
The background is the foundation of the addition to our church! I also love the lyrics of the sound "Build Your Kingdom Here" by Rend Collective and see is as a prayer for our church. Listen to the song here!
flat brush + ink
This was part of Susan's new years key verse that stuck out to me the most. "And I realized we're all broken." And this made me wonder - how many times do we see people smiling and seemingly happy on the outside, but completely broken on the inside? Probably far more than we realize. I believe this perspective will change how we treat and love others!
This was from Aug's message to the youth group a few weeks ago. He encouraged the youth group to truly love one another.
background: Quantums Cafe, Comp Sci Building at UMCP
"Lord I need you" - the only way I survive every semester. I cannot believe the semester is about to start so soon! I'm still in vacation mode and I really cannot gauge how difficult this semester is going to be. But I pray that God will strengthen me and carry me through!
Aquash water brush + ink; background: NYC
Just a reminder that you are loved. (: 
From Philippians 2. I've been reminded this whole week about the importance of unity within a church. As a church, we are united by one common thing (person) - Jesus. And it's important to realize that. I may not have anything in common with some people at church, but it's okay. I am still called to love them because Jesus loves them. I can choose to lay aside my interests, and listen to theirs, because unity is more important than my interests. If you are interested, you can read the whole chapter here.

7 comments:

:)