Sunday, June 14, 2015

Glimpses

During the first week or two of our stay in Uganda, I didn't take any pictures with my camera because I was afraid of taking it out. But I got around to taking a few last week. I tried uploading them to facebook, but it was taking forever, I thought I would just post them on my blog! It reminds me of my middle school days when it would take an hour for me to upload photos on facebook. And now, it merely takes a few minutes back at home (how times have changed....). This is obviously not the full picture of Uganda, but I hope these photos gives you a glimpse of the life here!
This is Mary. She's shy, but at the same time really spunky. And she has a really adorable laugh. I think this photo shows you a bit of her attitude, haha.
Just 'cause they're so pretty.
There are so many different kinds of butterflies!!
Also just 'cause I like taking pictures of flowers.
To the left is the Bethesda Medical Centre (should I write Center?). We live on the 2nd floor of the clinic and the church is in the basement. To the right, three missionary families live in the building. Apparently this used to be the old clinic before the build the building to the left. The clinic is fairly new. I think it was build around three years ago. They have difficulty with fundings and fraud, but it was successfully built three years ago! In the hospital (when all the doctors are in Uganda and working) there are two pediatrician, one internal medicine (general doctor), eye doctor, and a dentist. There are currently two nurses (they're hiring more), a janitor, receptionist, and other people. Every Wednesday they have a faculty devotional meeting at 8 AM and someone shares the word of God with the staff.
Patterns. Before I left for Uganda, my mom kind of got mad at me because I didn't wash my tennis shoes. But in hindsight, I'm glad I didn't wash my shoes because my shoes got so dirty only a couple of days after I came to Uganda. Your feet get so dirty so quickly anywhere you go in Uganda. I think I wash my feet like three times a day. I don't know where the dust comes from but by the end of the day, there's always a layer of dust.
butterfly catching
flower + bee
Kyambogo UBF | This is when we went the Sunday Service at Kyambogo UBF last Sunday. The adult services start here at 9 AM and it's very similar to the ones at home. One difference is that at the end of the service, they have a 30 minute testimony writing and sharing time. I think it's great to be able to reflect on the passage right after and share it with your fellowship because you have more time to collect your thoughts.
Kyambogo UBF | I just really love this photo!
Kyambogo UBF |  That UBF logo is worldwide.

3 comments:

:)