Wednesday, March 7, 2012

filled with joy

Joy
Do you get it? Conceptual photography. I thought of this idea at prayer meeting yesterday, haha. Jesus is full of joy -- his joy overflows that he fills me with his joy too! It's amazing.

I've been thinking about the purpose of my blog. I suppose it's time to reconsider. I want to remember things in my life, but at the same time, I want to encourage the people who read my blog. I want to point everything to God to show His goodness over my life. I want to record what He's teaching me, but at the same time, God has been teaching me that some things are better kept just between me and Him. It's a line I have to draw. (:

I've said this before, but for some reason, I always pray that I won't miss the bus in the morning. Even though my bus stop is right in front of my house, I feel like I'm going to miss the bus. Anyways, two nights ago, I had a dream. In my dream, I was distracted with something that wasn't even important and I remember it being around eight, the time my bus usually comes. I was like, oh, I'm going to miss my bus! Then I think I woke up soon after that. Then as I was sitting, eating my breakfast, I was thinking about my dream and I was wondering -- hmm, maybe my bus is coming early today. As soon as that thought came, I heard a small rumbling outside. It sounded like the small metro van that usually comes by to pick up people, but to my surprise, there was my bus! I'm so thankful I didn't miss the bus that day because both of my parents were working. God is good.

God has also been showing me that people care. It's amazing to see that people care and are praying for me for the SAT. Taking the SAT no longer becomes something I have to do for myself. I'm now doing it for God's glory and that just changes everything. It makes it far better. (:

Prayer is powerful. I think people often underestimate the power of prayer. I know I do too. Prayer should not be your last resort. It should be your first resort -- it's where all your power and strength comes from.

"Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us."  - Romans 5:3-5

No comments:

Post a Comment

:)