Friday, April 20, 2012

RAW

I finally get it.

When I first got my new camera, which I guess isn't so new anymore, it was set on 18 megapixels. I fiddled around with it, taking pictures here and there. When I uploaded the pictures, it took soooo long for me to download the pictures to my laptop. So then I made the decision then to just shoot in 8 MP. The quality was still great and I definitely wasn't going to enlarge pictures to ginormous sizes anytime soon. But then I heard how the RAW file was great and everything. I was like okay, but whatever. I can't shoot in RAW because my computer will be too slow. But then today, my photography teacher talked to me about shooting RAW and how it was so much better.

Then I came home and tried it out.

I finally get it.


Shooting in RAW is x10 more in size. One picture is around 30 MB, but you can get so much more quality out of it. It makes editing more versatile because there are more pixels so when I edit, it looks so much better. I doubt that I'll be shooting RAW all the time in the future because I definitely don't have a laptop that can support that at the moment, but I'll try.

This is not the best edit because I was playing around with it, but you can really see it pop out.
dandelion

I realized that I wasn't taking the full advantage of the camera that I have. Things get really expensive. Big files = fast computer processor = stuff I don't have, but it's okay. I have enough.

Then here's an analogy. I was thinking about how when you shoot in RAW, it is so much easier to edit. Doesn't Jesus want us to simply be "raw" in front of him? Just completely honest and ready to be molded in his ways?


No comments:

Post a Comment

:)