Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Last Week

Last week was crazy.

Thank God I survived! You guys know how I can't function without much sleep, but I went all last week & weekend with like seven hours of sleep each night.

In preparation for the Color Run on Saturday, we spent so much time at Chris' house making the dye for the Color Run. We literally had five blenders lined up to blend corn starch and food coloring. Despite all the hard work we had to do in preparation for the ERHS Color Run, I actually had a lot of fun. It was a good time to spend with the other NHS heads, getting to know them better. I really thank God for this position he has given me and this seems to tie back in to my key verse for this year.
"The Lord will fulfill his purpose for me; your love, O Lord, endures forever - do not abandon the work of your hands." - Psalm 138: 8
I also thank God for the perfect weather we had for the Color Run! Only God can control the weather. We originally wanted to have the Color Run on March 28th, but it was too soon. Guess what happened on March 28th? It turned really cold and the following week was when we had all that snow. April 13th was the perfect weather to have a run and thank God 100 people showed up! I really hope they do it again next year. If they take all the tips we gave them, it should be a bigger hit and I would try to go to it, haha. And actually run.

I also believe God was with us throughout the whole coming up with the idea, planning, etc. I remember I was praying for a week or so about what our next NHS event should be and then I had the dream we had a 5K at Roosevelt. Then I woke up and checked my messages the next day and my friends were talking about  a Color Run! And that's where it all began. We made some mistakes here and there in our decisions, but it worked out somehow in the end. And when everything seems to be falling apart, but somehow ends up well, I cannot take any credit for it. It was God working through everything. We didn't even figure out how to make the dye until a week before! (:


On Friday there was the Spring Best of Coffee House. I got home around 11 Friday and then the Color Run happened on Saturday. Then around four I finally had time to myself and was about to start some homework and then...I get a phone call asking if I wanted to go to the Cherry Blossom Festival. I'm glad I went! It was random, but fun. My friends are crazy.

They really wanted me to make this, haha.
On the metro wearing out ERHS Color Run tshirts!
Jefferson Memorial
Cherry blossoms!
Chris, Praveen, Sumit

And then I suffered on Sunday because I didn't do my homework earlier.

One month left! Ahhhh.

I know this isn't chronological anymore, but there are some pictures from before Coffee House:
Vinona & Susan
Me & Vinona
Even I would say this is a lot of pictures for one weekend.

4 comments:

  1. Grace, good job with the color run! Your photos looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you wrote:
    Guess what happened on March 28th? It turned really cold and the following week was when we had all that snow.

    March 28th was my birthday.
    haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right.

      I got the dates mixed up.
      *Correction: March 23rd. (:

      Delete

:)