Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Home!

I am so excited to be back home in America. Last week I attended the Sungdong UBF's Summer Bible Conference. Then it was the struggle to pack all my luggage as I realized I accumulated more and more things as I stayed in Korea. I think I brought more than 150 pounds of things. Although it was great being able to go to Korea for seven weeks, I am sooo glad to be back home. Somehow America feels more like home. I just feel more free here!

Two of my prayer topics before coming to America was to adjust well to the time differences and not to get sick during the whole process of going to the Summer Bible Conference there, packing, traveling, and then going to the International Summer Bible Conference here just after two days. God is good! When I went to Korea, I had a hard time adjusting to the time differences and I think it took me about a week to get over the jetlag. The first two days, I took a nap from two to eight pm or something similar to that. However when I came to America, I didn't take a nap the whole first day! I believe God is helping me really adjust to the time differences. Praise God!

I also drove for the first time after a while yesterday. It felt really weird at first but now it feels normal.

After a while, I started thinking in Korean. Since in the Korean culture you say "an-young-hae-sae-yo" and bow every time you greet an older person, I automatically keep bowing when I greet people. Also whenever I couldn't understand someone and said "neh," which mean "yes" in Korean, people would automatically repeat themselves. Actually I said "neh" a lot and I keep saying it here now too...

No comments:

Post a Comment

:)