Sunday, July 14, 2013

Week Five!

I came back to Seoul last Sunday and I've spent most of the weekdays at the center.

On Monday I spent time with my cousins Hye-jin and Dong-in. Our plans got cancelled because of the heavy rain, so we went all the way to the end of one metro line and ate chicken galbi. Then we went all the way back and watched a Korean movie. It took an hour and a half each way!

On Tuesday I met up with Sarah and Sam at my center and we went to the Children's Grand Park with the pastor's wife. (Her name is Esther Lee and missionary Esther was her Bible student a long time ago.)

On Wednesday I went to Dongdaemoon with two people from the center and bought a bunch of pens. Then I got a call from Sarah, saying her plans got cancelled for the day. So Sarah, Sam, and I met up at Dongdaemoon and went to the Jeong's house! We've been to the their house so many times and each time, they are so welcoming!

On Thursday, I got contacts. It's taking time to adjust and I realized I don't mind wearing my glasses.

One word to summarize Friday would be ping-pong.

On Saturday I watched "Pacific Rim" with a family at the center and went biking at the Han River! I thank God that whenever we were biking, God stopped the rain.

Last week and early this week, I listened to some of the Grace Retreat messages and this quote kept repeating in my head. "It’s an unknown fact, Pheoby, you got tuh go there tuh know there." This is a quote from Their Eyes Were Watching God when the main character, Janie tells her best friend Pheoby that listening to other's experiences is not enough. You have to go there and experience it yourself. In the same way, I don't want to just listen to other's testimonies about what God has done in their lives. I love listening how God works in other people's lives, but I want to experience God myself. Therefore I don't want to be content in hearing how God works in other people's lives and I hope it is the same for you! I was thinking about how in poverty-stricken areas, we can see God heal and do crazy miracles. Yet, it is hard to see the same kind of miracles in the United States? Why is that? I believe we get content with all these other things in our lives. It is extremely important to hunger for God. I realized that lately I haven't been hungry for God. Consequently, I am giving the enemy ground in places he shouldn't be. God offers us his daily bread every day, but it is our choice whether to take it from him or not. The enemy lies and tries to convince me that there are other things more important, things that I should worry about when really, all I have to do is trust God's sovereignty. 

Two more weeks in Korea! Tomorrow I'm going to Busan with Yejee for two days. (:

(Sorry, no pictures this week. I haven't been carrying my camera around because of the rain and I realized how much lighter my bag is without my camera, haha.)

2 comments:

  1. i remember Esther Lee!
    Her daughter (Named Esther) went with me to Lotte world.

    ReplyDelete

:)