Monday, August 19, 2013

The Undoing

God is continually undoing these layers inside of me.

Spending Korea for seven weeks was a great experience, but honestly, it was tough. God was constantly undoing these unclean layers, cleansing me of the impurities from these compromises that I made during the last few months of senior year. He was pruning me and still is. As graduation neared, I was always doing something (mostly hanging out with my friends) that I did not spend much time with God. However when I first arrived in Korea, I had hours and hours to myself. Without any friends to talk to during the day since I could only contact people in the morning or at night, I spent a lot of time alone or with adults. I had a lot of time to think and ponder on things as I read a few books. They were sweet seven weeks and I think it helped me come to a few conclusions that I needed to before I begin college.

After visiting Korea, I was so thankful that God brought my family to Maryland when I was in third grade! I see that God's plan for my life was the best. I have great friends and a loving community here!

The last school year was a peaceful year, not because I wasn't busy, but because God continually gave me peace throughout the year! Looking back, it was also a year of undoing (although I'm sure this doesn't end until we meet God for eternity). God was undoing things in me even when I thought I didn't need to be undone. Sometimes I got stuck in a place of complacency or maybe pride that I thought I was okay; I thought I didn't need to be undone. But each year, God continues to reveal more of himself to me. He expands my vision and views that I can no longer settle for what I had settled for the previous year. Before he can reveal himself to me, I must be ready to receive what he is willing to show me. And so, he keeps undoing these layers inside of me.

Reflecting on the summer, I think God is challenging me to live without compromises this upcoming school year (freshman year!). God hates it when we stay lukewarm. In Revelations, God warns us that we will be spit out if we are lukewarm. I believe it's also a call to purity. Usually we associate "purity" to abstinence in a relationship, but it goes further than that. It's a calling to be set apart for God because we were called to live for more.


No comments:

Post a Comment

:)