Monday, August 26, 2013

greater things have yet to come


I graduated from the youth group today! It's such a strange feeling graduating. I'm glad to have graduated, yet there's a part in me that wants to hold onto staying where it is comfortable. It's been six years of Saturday meetings at 10 AM, and two years of praise team practices at 8 AM on Saturday and Sundays. However, now it is time to move on! I really like this quote by C.S. Lewis: "There are far, far better things ahead than any we leave behind." Although I don't know in what context C.S. Lewis wrote this, it's a great assurance that there are greater things ahead! I read the Great Divorce by C.S. Lewis this summer. It was really confusing at first, but as I read on, the encounters the ghost has with other ghosts really intrigued me. The basic plot of the story line is that there is a bus full of ghosts that goes from one world to another world. However after the bus arrives in the other world, each ghost has to make the decision to stay (and get a chance to become a solid being) or return to their previous world where they remain as ghosts. Each of the ghosts has this opportunity to choose to live for eternity! Yet, one by one, the ghosts come up with excuses to return to their depressing world because they are still holding onto something. If you compare what they can obtain (eternal life) versus what they are holding onto, it's really sad.  However there was this one ghost who gave everything up to become solid again, and then his life was just so beautiful after! I think it's hard for me to embrace new opportunities when I'm comfortable where I am. However, I don't want to be holding onto something of the past that will prevent me from moving forward as these ghosts lost this opportunity for eternal life. The future seems so uncertain right now, but I know that if I lay everything down before God and wholeheartedly follow Him, he will make my story beautiful as well. I am learning that instead of worrying about what I will do in the future, all I have to do now is to say "yes" to the things God has in store for me right now.

High school friends! From 2013 to 2017 (that is, if we all graduate in 4 years).

The gift from the senior banquet...ready to be a terp! (:



No comments:

Post a Comment

:)