Friday, November 1, 2013

Coram Deo

"What Does 'Coram Deo' Mean?" (read the full article by clicking on it!)

"To live coram Deo is to live one’s entire life in the presence of God, under the authority of God, to the glory of God...
     The Christian who compartmentalizes his or her life into two sections of the religious and the nonreligious has failed to rasp the big idea. The big idea is that all of life is religious or none of life is religious. To divide life between the religious and the nonreligious is itself a sacrilege.
     This means that if a person fulfills his or her vocation as a steelmaker, attorney, or homemaker coram Deo, then that person is acting every bit as religiously as a soul-winning evangelist who fulfills his vocation. It means that David was as religious when he obeyed God's call to be a shepherd as he was when he was anointed with the special grace of kingship. It means that Jesus was every bit as religious when He worked in His father's carpenter shop as He was in the Garden of Gethsemane. 
     Integrity is found where men and women live their lives in a pattern of consistency. It is a pattern that functions the same basic way in church and out of church. It is a life that is open before God. It is a life in which all that is done is done as to the Lord. It is a life lived by principle, not expediency; by humility before God, not defiance. It is a life lived under the tutelage of conscience that is held captive by the Word of God."

I read this article two weeks ago and it's been floating in the back of my mind. The part that stuck out to me the most was "David was as religious when he obeyed God's call to be a shepherd at he as when he was anointed with the special grace of kingship." Whether we feel like we're doing big things or God or living through the daily, mundane routines of life, we are living for God. I pray that God may be glorified through my studies although everything is so uncertain at this moment. College is hard. But God will bring me through. All I can do is come before God and ask him to lead me because I just don't know how to approach some assignments. Also some things are just so hard that I can't do it on my own. 

"Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring." - Proverbs 27:1

This verse is so good! Although I may not consciously acknowledge it, there's a plan on the back of my mind on how my life is supposed to be like. I realized that I really don't know about five, ten, or twenty years from now, but I have plans on how tomorrow, next week, or this semester is supposed to be like. However, all I can do is bring it all down to God and let him lead me. He has the best plans for me!

For example, after my first biology test I knew that I needed to be in a study group. And of course God knew this too! Somehow I got involved in a formation of a study group and it has been so helpful in preparing for the next test. Thank God! I have my bio test in two hours...

1 comment:

:)