Sunday, April 20, 2014

April Updates

Hm, all these months have already passed by! I want to share with you some things that have happened and some things I'm learning!

  • One day my friend sent me a facebook message and told me of a freelance photography job opportunity. It was totally unexpected, but I just applied for it anyways. Then I got the job! It's totally freelance and mostly for events hosted by the Eppley Recreation Center. I haven't taken any pictures yet, but I'm excited! I want to thank God for always providing at His perfect timing.
  • I really really need Jesus.
  • I recently listened to this message by Eric Ludy - "The Wages of Love" and it really taught me a lot. Jesus desires to have intimacy with us and in order to have an intimate relationship with Him, I must spend time with him. I really liked the analogies he used. He described his relationship with his wife and kids to help explain how our relationship with God is supposed to be like. I would recommend listening to this message (although it's pretty long)!
  • I listened to a podcast by Ravi Zacharias about worship and I learned that worship binds all things and worship is really intimate. It requires sacrifice on my part. I realized that I haven't been giving God my best. Instead of giving the best times of my day to Him, I would give Him little scraps at the end of the day or little bits of free time I had during my day. Or a lot of times, I wouldn't even ask God what he thought about, which is really sad now that I think about it. I want to give God my best by giving Him my time. 
  • A few weeks ago I began reading The Hiding Place by Corrie Ten Boom. I learned so much from her family! The way she writes of her family, her mother, father, and siblings' hearts were so beautiful. I haven't had much time to read it this past week, but I'll probably write more about it once I finish the book.
  • I registered for my classes for the next semester! I can't believe almost a year has passed since I graduated high school. How did this year go by so fast?
Happy Easter everyone! (:

No comments:

Post a Comment

:)