Friday, May 23, 2014

Photography

Hi everyone, it's been a while! My freshman year at the University of Maryland officially ended on Monday as I took my bio final. After the final ended, I've been taking a lot of pictures of my friends and I learned a lot! Whenever I visit photographers' sites, in their "About Me" sections, they talk about getting to know their clients before a photoshoot. I used to wonder why so many professional photographers wanted to get to know their clients at a personal level. Then this week I learned that taking pictures isn't just about taking pictures. It's more than that. For instance, when a couple invites you to be their wedding photographer, they're inviting you to share an important moment in their life. Also when you get to know people, they are able to relax and just have fun. When they know you, they trust you.

Here are some pictures I took this week!

This is my friend Alice. I met her while volunteering at the Clinic on Saturdays last semester! We shared the responsibility of taking care of our child, Delia. She's also in the Gemstone program. It was really fun taking pictures with Alice. She was willing to try anything I asked her to! (:


This is Casey & Soophia! I met Casey through Gemstone and Soophia was Casey's friend from high school. 

This is Steven and Vinona! Steven was in my Organic Chemistry class in the fall semester. I met Vinona in middle school orientation! And they happened to be living on the same floor in Hagerstown.

Yesterday I took pictures of Rebekah & Mary! Woohoo finally graduating after all the hardwork. Congratulations Rebekah & Mary! 

All of these were taking with the 85mm prime lens and within three days! I really learned a lot from these experiences and I hope that I can learn to make people feel comfortable while getting their pictures taken. Also, I need to learn more poses. I hope you enjoyed these! (:

1 comment:

  1. OMG! Such beautiful photos! Mary and Rebekah look stunning! -HB

    ReplyDelete

:)