Monday, July 30, 2012

Testimonies


I forgot.

I forgot the promise I made to God a little more than a year ago. At our annual 2010 youth winter retreat, I promised God that I would share my testimony with others – the big and the small things as Pun gave a seminar on the importance of sharing our testimonies with others. That’s what this blog is for in a sense – to share how good God is that in some way that as you read it, you may be encouraged.

However, I forgot.

Well, I suppose I didn’t completely forget. I knew it in the back of my mind, but small things like laziness and uncertainty held me back. Surely you guys would not want to read everything I write. It seems like I always talk, but I missed the main point of sharing testimonies. It’s not about me. It’s all about God. A testimony I share should be and needs to be about God. Therefore my thinking was flawed.

I believe sharing our testimonies with each other is extremely important. Not only does it encourage other people, it encourages me as well. As I think back to all the things God has done in my life, I remember all that God has been doing in my life. When I don't share testimonies, that's when I begin to forget all that God has been doing in my life. I want to share with others all that God's been doing in my life - whether it is something small or big because no matter how small they may seem, they're amazing. I cannot do these things on my own; only God can. I believe my God can do big things, but with this excuse, I stopped recognizing God for what He was doing. Whenever something happened, I would think - "Of course God can do it" but at the same time I wouldn't recognize what He did. I now realize that this attitude is wrong. Yes, nothing is impossible with God. However, God can choose not to show any miracles to me. Yet he still does. God is good all the time. I need to praise Him and give thanks to Him because all the glory is rightfully His. I remember at Grace Retreat Pastor Kyu would always pray, giving God all the glory and honor. I wondered why did that and now I know. 

God deserves all the honor and praise.

Therefore for the next year, I hope to be honest while sharing all that God's been doing in my life! Senior year, here I come. (:

No comments:

Post a Comment

:)