Monday, December 17, 2012

Monday

This weekend has been  rough, being sick and all, but I got through by God's grace! Eighteen. I really didn't feel much older turning eighteen. Isn't that strange? I think I felt older when I turned seventeen than when I turned eighteen. I'm still recovering from this stomach virus or whatever I had, but I do feel so much better. I would say being sick on your birthday has its pros and cons. It sucks because you feel terrible but then it also made me realize how much my parents love me because they looked after me.

Today is one of those days where I don't know how I'm going to get through but it's all-the-more reasons to see God working through my weakness. I read Psalm 127 this morning and it was so good:

"Unless the Lord builds the house, 
its builders labor in vain.
Unless the Lord watches over the city,
the watchmen stand guard in vain.
In vain you rise early
and stay up late,
toiling for food to eat --
for he grants sleep to those he loves."
Psalm 127:1-2

Unless the Lord's presence is in my life, everything I do is in vain. People do good and great things in life, but if it's not for the Lord, it's in vain because our lives were created to glorify God. A thought came into my mind today. I am sometimes a perfectionist, which is sometimes bad and sometimes good, but then I was reminded that God doesn't demand perfection from me. That's a good thing because I am not perfect. I can try to be, but I never will be perfect on earth. However God demands for me to do whatever I do for His glory. He wants me to try and do my best, but in all, he doesn't demand perfection. He wants my heart to be aligned with his and to love others with the compassion He has for me. And I'm thankful God doesn't demand perfection. Being weak and tired today, all I can do is my best to study for my physics and lit test tomorrow. Then leave it all up to God.

Here are a few pictures from yesterday! In between all that, I need to find time to edit pictures...

1 comment:

:)