Friday, December 7, 2012

update!

Five day weeks are draining, so draining. Two down and two more to go. (: My schedule basically everyday has been - wake up, go to school, try to get as much work done in school, stay after school, come home, do homework, and attempt to sleep early as possible, then repeat.

I guess after going through routines for days, it's easy for me to start losing sight of the promises God has given me in the past. After that, it's so much easier to lose hope and start complaining. As I was starting to lose sight of God's promises, God provided at the perfect time a guest speaker at TLC this week. Preethi really insisted that he wanted this person to come and speak, but the rest of us had no idea who he was.(www.yoursevenproject.com) He used to be a youth pastor but after God called him to missions, he goes to different school in the nation and hosts an assembly. In the day time, they talk about different topics such as drug abuse, abstinence, etc. and then invite everyone to come out again in the evening. He shared a vision that God gave him in reaching out to people to be saved and it really made me think. What am I doing to reach out to these people who don't know they're heading to hell? If I just share one thing, could it make an impact in their life? It made me desire to be sensitive to the Holy Spirit. He also talked about how he prayed "break my heart for what breaks yours" to Jesus and as he heard stories of abandonment, hurt, etc his heart broke. It makes me wonder - what can I do to love these people? Most of the time it's easier to mind my own business and let others keep living as they do. I forget that simple actions can brighten up people's days. For example some people smile if you just smile at them. (: So since Wednesday the line from Hosanna - "break my heart for what breaks yours" has been on replay in my head.

"Your promises have been thoroughly tested, and your servant loves them." - Psalm 119:140
I read this verse yesterday. At first I quickly read over it but then the more I thought about it, I realized how true it is. God always fulfills his promises and I can always trust him. There's never been a time when God hasn't fulfilled his promise. That says something.

Poetry Slam. I hadn't planned on going to it and honestly I didn't expect much from it. Someone just asked me to photograph the event and so I just went. I didn't really know anyone there very well, but surprisingly I enjoyed it. I feel like there's so many emotions in poems. You get to hear stories you would have never known about and you get to sort of feel what they feel. It kind of broke my heart with some things people went through.

After staying in front of the school and waiting for your parents a bunch of times, you start to meet new people. I was standing outside Wednesday, waiting for my mom and this girly randomly started talking to me, haha. She probably though I was a freshman too.

Anyways,  through these random events, I realized I like meeting new people!

No comments:

Post a Comment

:)