Tuesday, January 1, 2013

twenty thirteen

Looking back at 2012, it divides into three distinctive sections in my head:
  1. Second half of junior year
  2. Summer
  3. First half of senior year
(I guess I like lists a lot. I've been using them a lot, haha)

I am so thankful for this past year because I learned and experienced so much. I cannot recall everything that I did, but when I look back at my blog I know that 2012 was a good year. I'm thankful for all the time I had with my friends and all those talks we had because they were so encouraging. I am so thankful for the new photographic opportunities I had throughout the year. It was my first year having my DLSR and I learned so much from having it! I learned more about portrait photography and I have so much more to learn, but I know that God will be with me throughout the whole process. I know that senior year is a peaceful year and I kept saying that it was foggy, but I think the fog's going to lift now that the new year's going to begin.

I chose Psalm 138:8 as my key verse this year. It actually seems really random because it's not one of the famous Bible verse, but it says "The Lord will fulfill his purpose for me; your love, O Lord, endures forever -- do not abandon the works of your hands." I think it's important for me to hold onto God's purposes for my life. When I look back, I was so set on the things God set in my heart sophomore year, but then as I reached senior year, they started slipped. Maybe that's why everything seemed foggy and uncertain the latter half of last year. This year I want to hold onto what God has spoken over me and the purposes he has for my life.

I love Isaiah 43:18-19 (see previous post).
I am so thankful that our God is the God who continues to do new things. If he didn't, everything would be mundane and traditional. I know that this new year is going to be full of new and exciting things. Graduating high school, going off to college, and making new friends, but I hope that I can make an impact in the lives of the people I am surrounded by even while I am in high school.

Back to the routine tomorrow! No matter what happens, I know that I have to trust God. If I don't, then everything comes crumbling down. But if I do trust him, "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength." (:

This year's going to be exciting!

Overdue family picture with the new tripod!

No comments:

Post a Comment

:)