Monday, February 18, 2013

Answered Questions || What I learned

The one thing I learned through the winter retreat this weekend was the importance of the voice of God. He desires to daily converse with me through all the decisions that I make, not just through the important ones.

Before going to the retreat, I was struggling with the topic of ambition and contentment. In English, we just read "The Stranger," in which the main character, Mersault has no ambitions in his life whatsoever. So asked God, what should be the balance between ambition and contentment. 

Then, as I followed my Bible reading plan, I read 1 Timothy 6 -
"But godliness with contentment is great gain."
"People who want to get rich fall into temptation and a trap and into many foolish and harmful desires that plunge men into ruin and destruction."

What I learned at the retreat:
  • When you spend time with God, he will tell you your purpose and why you were created. 
  • This world operations on process of elimination, but if I spend time with God, he will unravel the plans he has to me.
  • You cannot separate God's presence without prayer.
  • Pain
    • allows us to cry out in greater dependency
    • cry out for a new reality
    • when pain comes, we are to cry out for Jesus to come back
  • Worship
    • presence
    • price: the true price of worship is us. God wants us.
    • prize: we come into a place we don't want to leave
  • As you respond to God, he will start to respond to you.
  • Three things
    • Consider God in all things.
    • Spend consistent time with God each day.
    • Remove anything in your life that is going to hinder God's love.
Being at Bethany Prayer House brought me memories back to the first time encountered God five years ago. Can you believe that? Five years already passed. God taught me so much these pass five years and I'm excited for what he has in store for my future! Through this retreat, he reminded me again that there's nothing better than Him. (:

"I have a plan for you
It's going to wild, it's going to great, it's going to be full of me." 


"I want to know your heart, I want to know your heart."

No comments:

Post a Comment

:)