Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Pets

Yesterday was my first day of classes at the University of Maryland!
My first class was oral communications and we had to go around and introduce ourselves describing our past, present, and future. I was pleasantly surprised when almost every single person in our class had a dog or a cat (but most had dogs). I never thought our family would get a pet, but once we adopted Luna from the Greenbelt Animal Shelter, I suppose my outlook on having pets have changed. But as soon as we adopted Luna, I wondered, why do people have pets? The very first week we had Luna, she caught a cold. She kept sneezing, her eyes were infected, and she just looked so miserable. We took her to the vet and I realized that it takes a lot of effort and money to have pets. It's like having a baby, except it's a cat. We have to feed, bathe, and clean after Luna (not that I personally do these things...). So why do people like having pets? People don't need pets. I realized that people really love their pets and they have dogs/cats/etc because they want to. There's a limit to the love pets can return to their owners. Then it made me realize that God doesn't need us either. He doesn't love us because he needs us to love him back. Instead, He just delights in us! It's not that we can offer him something that he lacks. It's so good to just bask in His love. (:

I really like the lyrics to "Help Me Find It" by Sidewalk Prophets

"I don’t know where to go from here
It all used to seem so clear
I’m finding I can’t do this on my own...

I will trust in You
You've never failed before


If there’s a road I should walk
Help me find it"


It describes how I feel in this season of life. It's freshman year and although I know my final destination, I don't know where to go from here. I don't really know what I'm doing, but I suppose it's a learning process. All I can do is trust God. I have been just asking God to lead me because only He knows the best for me.

1 comment:

:)