Friday, November 7, 2014

First Message

It's hard to believe that we're already nearing the end of semester and the year. At the beginning of the school year, our church chooses what we we call a "key verse" for the new year. It's usually a verse you want to hold onto for the upcoming year. For 2014, I chose 2 Timothy 4:2, "Preach the word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage - with great patience and careful instruction." Throughout my freshman year, I felt that God wanted me to share the gospel - the good news, with others. Although I struggled to be bold about my faith, I believe the Lord was preparing me and equipping me throughout that season. Last year, he was calling me to just sit in his presence. However, this year, He was now calling me to go forth. I chose 2 Timothy 4:2 as my 2014 key verse, not knowing what the Lord had in store for me. As the fall semester began, I joined the youth group once again, not just as a member, but as a teacher. It has been difficult at times to lead and teach, but God has been teaching me a lot through it. I gave my first ever message to the youth group last Sunday! I believe that the gospel has the power to save and transform lives - and my hope is that others, too, may believe and be saved by the power of the gospel.

I also wanted to share what I wrote on instagram on my blog as well:
I believe God has put in my heart the love to create things. As I was thinking, the song "create in my a clean heart" came into my mind. I realized that the older I get, the more difficult it is to be pure/clean. However the lyrics say "create in me." When you create, you bring forth what was not there before. As we ask God to create things within us, we're asking Him to form things that are not already in us. God's words have absolute power that when He speaks, He creates. As I create things, I get to see glimpses of who God is as the creator God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

:)