Thursday, November 27, 2014

Giving Thanks

     I'm so thankful for these few days of rest and a break from school to be able to reflect on the goodness of God. Last Sunday, Peter gave his first youth group message and he shared Francis Chan's rope illustration. You can watch the video below:


     And it's been on my mind these couple of days. A few questions running through my head are - "Grace, what are you living for? Who are you living for? What do you want your life to look like in the end?" It's crucial to know that this life is temporary - we're living for eternity (as hard as this concept is for me to grasp). It will affect how I spend my time, money, and energy. I want to learn to love others the way Jesus loved. In the midst of lab reports, grades, etc. it's so easy to get caught up in the busyness of school that I forget that the my ultimate goal is to glorify my heavenly Father. And maybe if I think about life like this, I can willingly and joyfully give up a few hours of my time to invest in friendships instead of spending that time selfishly.

     Looking back, I am thankful for so many things, but I am especially thankful for the friendships that God has given me! I also wanted to share a little bit of what I have been learning and doing regarding photoshop and illustrator.
I first wrote this on a piece of paper, traced it on illustrator, and layered it in photoshop. Even though I feel like I learned so much more than I knew before, there's still so much to learn!
  
photo credit: my sister
We have been painting and creating things around the house. When my sister finishes her painting, I'll share it with you guys. It's really good! She's going to be a much better artist than me. (:

No comments:

Post a Comment

:)