Monday, March 25, 2013

Answers

1.  It's a rainy Saturday and all you want to do is curl up with some hot chocolate and watch a movie.  What is your go-to movie?
I don't think I have a go-to movie, but I remember watching Parent Trap so many times while growing up!

"You know what's the difference between you and me? I have class and you don't."
"YO TIE DYE GIRL"
"We're like sisters! No, we're like twins!"

 I used to really dislike watching a movie more than once, but now it's okay as long at it's a good movie. However my sister can watch the same movie like ten times and not get tired of it. When my sister got Karate Kid, she literally watched it like three times in one weekend. 

2.  What is your earliest childhood memory?
My earliest childhood memory. I don't remember how old I was, but I remember waking up early in the morning without anyone at home. At this time, I was still living in Korea. Why was I alone? My parents went to early morning prayer meeting. 

3.  What do you love about your family?
My sister makes me laugh and she appreciates corny jokes. I was laughing so hard reading her Liebster answer things. From my mom, I learned to be generous with what I have and like my sister said in her blog, I learned to be patient (although it's always a learning process) from my dad.

4.  If you could become fluent in one language today, which would you choose and why?
I would choose Spanish! Although I'm glad I took Latin in high school, I wish I could have taken Spanish. If I knew Spanish, I could talk to the people in Mexico! I can still learn though. (:

5.  What is your biggest pet peeve?
I have several pet peeves, but I think the biggest one is when someone bothers me when I'm in my concentration mode. 

Example: 
I go in my room and start my homework.
*ten minutes later*
sister: Grace, I need help with my homework.

That alone breaks my concentration for around ten more minutes and as soon as I start concentrating again...

sister: Grace, I have one more question. I promise I won't bother you anymore. (Then she starts talking even more, haha)

Then leaves my door open. It just bothers me when the door isn't shut completely and when my sister says "eeesh."

And she's doing this right now.

6.  Cartoon animals are often cuter than the real deal.  What is your favorite cartoon animal?  (Doesn't have to be a cartoon character...could be simply "cartoon hippos")
This is tough. I would say a lion or a penguin? Dogs and cats seem too common. Actually I think it's pandas!

7.  What is your favorite group game? (I love games and am constantly on the prowl for new ones!)
This is a hard one! I love playing group games although it does depend on who I am with. I don't have a favorite, but I think my top five games are: Taboo, Risk (although this limits the number of players), Quelf (even though I only played this once, I feel like it would be hilarious to play with the youth group), Gestures, Pictionary. Group games are really fun. I get really competitive, but I also dislike it when it's too competitive. I do better when I know I can make mistakes and my teammates will be okay with it.

8.  Outside of your family, who has had the greatest influence on shaping the person you are today?
I would definitely say it would be my youth group leaders! As I keep looking back to middle school and the beginnings of high school, I changed a lot. I'm the same height and I guess look about the same, except without braces and those Harry Potter glasses, but I used to be really shy fearful of everything. Yeah. I thank my youth group leaders for showing me Jesus' love through their own actions and the way they live their lives!

9.  What is something you are really, really good at and could teach a class on?  (It could be super random/simple, like making a killer PB&J sandwich) 

I would teach a class on...photography (surprise there)! Or math. I think I could teach math.

10.  How did you learn to tie your shoelaces - making 2 bunny ears, OR a tree that a bunny runs around and jumps into the hole?  (Shoe-tying technique is an area of dispute between Mr. A and me)  :) 

Two bunny ears. I still tie it with two bunny ears today! I don't like how loose it is when I tie it with the other technique.   

11.  Tell me a memory you have about kindergarten or first grade!  (I'm always curious since I teach this age group and always wonder what people tend to remember about these days)

I remember for the 2004 World Cup, our whole elementary school had to dress up with "Be the Reds" tshirts and everyone had one except me. I had to go borrow one from a friends and I think it was kind of small.

I also remember my teacher was very young and she gave candy whenever you answered a question in class. I was also the 2nd shortest person in my class of fifty something kids, haha.

I was invited to a birthday party, but it was awkward because I was too shy to sing when we went to a karaoke place. So I just stood there and watched all my classmates sing. Plus, I didn't know any of the songs they were singing. It was that day I was forced to finish eating a kimchi burger.

None of these memories really involves school work. Oh, I remember being bad at spelling, haha. I was supposed to get a 5/10 on a spelling quiz or something like that but since the teacher grading it didn't see the mistake, she gave me a 7/10. I also remember not knowing all my multiplication and feeling sad because some of my classmates could recite all the way up to the twelve times table AND backwards. 

(These memories were all while living in Korea.)

4 comments:

  1. Hey! Number five is my daily routine around the house!! :) Ahh, the kimchi burger DUN DUN DUN dunnnn. She was forced to eat a mcdonalds kimchi burger!!HAHAHHAHA. LOL, i had to correct my spelling of burger before i post this becase it was the other spelling.. ew gross. Maybe you shoudn't have read this comment..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to zoom in real close to see the small print hahaha
    Dang girl. How the heck do you remember the exact grades you got as a kid -.-

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I LOVE The Parent Trap!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehee cute :) I wanna play quelf now! And for number 11, at first I thought it was in the states and was really impressed that everyone else had a "be the Reds" tee...hahhaa

    ReplyDelete

:)