Friday, May 31, 2013

Sacrifice

"But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well." 
- Matthew 6:33

A friend recently reminded me that when you sacrifice for God, you're not really sacrificing. Why? Because God gives you so much more than what you sacrificed for him. As I was thinking back on high school, I see numerous times when I gave up something to place God first, and he gave me so much more. It really caught my attention during the winter retreat when Mr. Richard said "I should not be living this life." And now I understand what he meant. I should not be living the life that I am right now. God is so good and he has been so good to me these four years of high school. There were times I could have gone somewhere else than TLC on Wednesdays, but by choosing to do my best to go every Wednesday, God gave me great friendships and encouraged me through our TLC meetings.

Choosing God above anything else is worth it all.

On May 15th, we had the Senior Awards Assembly at our school and God really surprised me. I won the award for world languages in Latin! That was really unexpected. I also got the NHS Scholarship which was $500 and the medal for getting a 4.0 or higher in high school.

As the year continues, I keep going back to my key verse Psalm 138:8 "The Lord will fulfill his purpose for me; your love, O Lord, endures forever - do not abandon the works of your hands" and see that God is fulfilling his purpose for my life.

Worth it All by Meredith Andrews

So I encourage you guys to choose God above anything else because no one else can fill you up. (:

God is good, all the time!

2 comments:

:)