Friday, May 3, 2013

two weeks

It's hard for me to comprehend that I only have two weeks left in high school. It's what we have been looking forward to all year, yet it seems to be too soon. I'm just not ready for it to be over yet, haha. But then you're never really ready for anything in life. 

I read this today:
"He [Abraham] did not know where he was going. — Hebrews 11:8 Go. Set. Ready. You’ll never be ready.You’ll never be ready to get married. You’ll never be ready to have kids.  You’ll never be ready to start a business or go back to school or move to the mission field. You’ll never be ready financially, emotionally, or spiritually. You’ll never have enough faith, enough cash, or enough courage. And if you are looking for an excuse, you will always find one.I never have been, and I’m sure I never will be, ready for anything God has called me to do. This doesn’t mean I haven’t prepared myself. I’ve worked hard getting an education, but I’ve come to terms with the fact that I’ll never be ready for anything God has called me to. And that’s OK. God doesn’t call the qualified; He qualifies the called. If you wait until you’re ready, you’ll be waiting for the rest of your life."
I am not ready for anything nor really qualified to all the great things God has in store for my life, but I just need to be willing. He qualifies the called and he calls each one of us to do great things for him.

I have done a lot of things in high school that I never would have imagined as a freshman and I have no idea the things I will be doing in college. The possibilities are endless. However, I know that my God is good. He has the best plans for my future and my future is in His hands. I've seen God's goodness throughout high school as God showed me his grace and mercy through calculus and physics tests. He taught me how to lead others through TLC and praise team and he continues to teach me how to love others. So I want to be open to what God has in store for me in college! It's definitely going to be a time of growing even more. (:
"Consider God in all things."
This may seem small, but I'm learning that it's important to consider God in all things. When I ask him, he shows me of glimpse of what's going to happen or he reveals to me how people are doing. Anyways, my prayer topic for today was to find a prom dress. My friends have been looking at all these stores and found nothing and I have not looked anywhere for a dress. Last week we decided to go to Potomac Mills to look for dresses. And today we finally went! I did not want to spend like three hours looking for the perfect dress so my prayer topic was - "God, please just let the first dress I see be the one I like." It took about an hour and half to get there and I think the three of us found dresses within one hour being there. Guess what. I ended up getting the first dress that I tried one, haha.

Also I had a dream that my friend Vinona got a reddish burgundy dress one night. And as she was trying on all these dresses, I really thought she should get a reddish burgundy dress so I went to search for one. She's really skinny and tall and all the dresses were size "14...16...10...14...14....8..." As I was about to just go, I saw a dress on the back without a tag and when I checked the size it was a size 2! Vinona tried it on and we decided that she was going to get the dress, haha. It looked really good on her. So these are the ways God has answered my prayers.

These pictures are from National Honor Society Inductions today! We inducted 115 juniors today. NHS has been such a large part of my life this year and it has been a great time working with my friends and being able to serve the school through the various things we did. I am thankful that God allowed me to be the Vice President by winning by one vote last year.

Senior year was definitely enjoyable. Difficult at times, but enjoyable.

2 comments:

  1. This was so encouraging to read! I only have 2 weeks left too...so I feel ya! :)

    Can't wait to see prom pix :) :)

    ReplyDelete

:)