Sunday, May 19, 2013

High School Graduation Testimony


I can't believe I'm done with high school! This is the testimony I shared on Friday. (:

Verses that I held onto in high school:
“But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness and all these things will be given to you as well.” -Matthew 6:33
“Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will succeed.” – Proverbs 16:30
“I can do all things through Him who gives me strength.” – Philippians 4:13
“For we are God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.” – Ephesians 2:10

       I believe that I came to know God deeper through these four years of my life. God taught me to trust him in deeper levels as I faced the difficult school work while learning to take responsibilities in leading the Christian club Truth Love & Character and National Honor Society during my junior and senior year of high school. Academically, I did well, but it was only through God’s help through the craziness of junior year as well as all my other years of high school. During junior year, the year people label as the hardest year in high school, I held onto Proverbs 16:30– “Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will succeed.” Often times I would study for my calculus test, holding onto the verse, and one of the questions I studied would be on the test. Considering there were only seven or eight questions in the calculus test, it was amazing when it occurred. And it happened three times in a row! As my friends would panic for an AP physics or calculus test, God gave me peace and assurance that he was in control of all things. Through these small instances in which God provided knowledge and victories on tests, God taught me his sovereignty and goodness. Romans 8:28 says “And we know that in all things, God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.” When there was not enough time in the day to finish all my homework, God gave me the strength and grace to continue.  Often I would ask Him for strength, knowledge, and wisdom because it was impossible for me to do it on my own. However, by God’s grace I have successfully finished high school! As I look back at high school, I realize that God placed certain people in my life such as my friends in TLC to encourage me in my walk with God. Without them, it would have been hard to keep up with my faith. I was the Vice President of the National Honor Society this past year, which I only won the position by one vote during the end of my junior year. I believe that God gave me this position because I won by one vote. Through National Honor Society, God taught me how to work with others in leadership positions to promote and host events. I was a leader in TLC along with my friends Preethi, Chris, Michael, and Danny and we learned to step up as leaders during junior year. I saw how God working through the lives of the TLC members and it was great being able to encourage those who came out. This year, we studied a different Bible character each month and by the end, we studied Esther, Joseph, Daniel, Paul, and Peter. I really thank God for giving me a great opportunity to learn to lead others and to grow spiritually.
            Aside from school, I was able to go to Mexico with the youth group on a mission trip in 2011 and 2012. Through missions preparations and trips, God began to open my heart to learn to love others and for possibly future missions as well.
            I thank God for these four years of my high school career. Now it is over, but I pray that I may have even greater four years in college. I would like to thank all of your encouraging prayers throughout high school. I want to thank my Bible teacher missionary Susanna Bae for studying the Bible with me since freshman year to now. I learned so much all the Bible studies we had. I also learned so much more about Jesus by observing how each of you genuinely serve each other.
            All the glory goes to God!

one word: It is finished. 

I remember I had a grammatical error somewhere, but I can't find it now...

No comments:

Post a Comment

:)