Saturday, June 21, 2014

Daycare

As the spring semester ended, I was praying for summer plans. I had no idea what I was going to do with such a long summer break, considering how difficult it was for me to stay home throughout winter break. I knew I couldn't just stay at home the entire summer. It's really amazing how God gave me this opportunity to help out at the daycare/summer school for the kids. I've been amazed by how Johanna and Julia really love the kids and want them to have the best time at the daycare. I've also been amazed by how much patience they have for the kids - they help the kids use the bathroom, wash their hands, read the same books over and over again, clean up, etc. It's also rewarding having them listen. They're all learning how to share and clean up. Being at the daycare, I am learning to appreciate moms (and dads) even more. I'm also amazed at all the moms out there who take care of their children everyday. It's not a job that ever ends. They're constantly denying themselves to care for their child(ren).

Here are some photos from the daycare:
For now they communicate in Korean. I'm not sure how long this will last, but it'll be cool if they keep speaking Korean later on!
Best friends in the making?
Aw, I get to witness moments like these.
They love playing with dirt and sand!
Squirting water to help them keep cool.
Look at all the beautiful art work. I'm amazed that Johanna can tell the difference between the kids' art work.
Josiah was pretending to be the dad and Jakey was pretending to be the son for "take your child to work day".
The highest stack of chairs. 
Playing with sand means getting sand all over your body, haha.
I really enjoy listening to their conversations. They have a lot of interesting things to say.
Josiah's birthday celebration! Kisung brought all the kids a happy meal.
Gabriel really likes being in pictures.
They absolutely love playing with water!
"Look at my mustache!"

1 comment:

  1. OMG! Grace, this photos are so precious. I love them! -HB

    ReplyDelete

:)