Thursday, June 5, 2014

God the Provider


After Mary Anna played played this song for me, it's been one of my favorites this week. The song lines - "for you are for us, not against" really caught my attention. How often I forget that God is for us, not against us!

Last week my dad jokingly asked me, "Are you been praying for a car?" I had made comments about needing a car to my parents, but I didn't expect that my parents would buy one any time soon. Instead, I had been praying that God would give me a job over the summer so that I could start saving for a car. However, I find it amazing that God knew my desires and what I needed. Last week we went to the Hyundai dealership in College Park and bought our new car! This year, I've been learning that God never fails to provide. Sometimes (well, a lot of the times), he will not provide in the ways I expect it. Over and over, I see God's grace throughout my life. I don't deserve to have this car, but I'm thankful that God provides! 

I didn't get a job over the summer. However, God has given me a lot of opportunities over the summer. I've been teaching Luke geometry from last week and I started helping out at the daycare at church on Wednesday! The kids are really funny. I love listening to them talk and seeing what they have to say, haha.

Josiah: "My mom, my mom told me she's picking me up today. She's picking up all of us!"
Jakey right after: "My mom, my mom told me she's picking me up today."

No comments:

Post a Comment

:)