Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Knowing Our Identity

Today I went to Baltimore to take the oath of citizenship to the United States. It was a lot of waiting, but the ceremony (which was not really a ceremony) was really short. Everyone just got their certificates and that was it. When I received my certificate, I was kind of surprised. Why? Because it said that I was a citizen from 2009 because that's when my parents became citizens. I knew that I was a citizen because my parents were, but then I didn't really know it. Then I thought about how we as Christians, at times, fail to recognize where our citizenship is - in heaven. Moreover, sometimes we know our citizenship is in heaven, but we fail to live it out. "For the kingdom of God is not a matter of talk but of power" (1 Corinthians 4:20). We fail to live our lives with the power God gives us.

In Jesus there is so much power and hope. As I was about to go to sleep the other day, a thought came to my mind. There are so many people in the room of despair but not many in the room of hope. However in Jesus, there always is hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment

:)