Saturday, November 3, 2012

choosing faith, hope, and love

The last few weeks have been tough. Senior year has been tough although fun at certain times, but definitely tough. It feels like a never-ending cycle of work and studying, well not feels like, it is. However life is always going to be a never-ending cycle of work and busy-ness with rest in certain periods. I've been thinking a lot about what really matters in the end. It won't matter in a few years what my GPA was in high school, it won't matter when I die what accomplishments I made in the world. However how I loved other people will matter. Did I love others the way Jesus loved me? Did my life reflect the forgiveness that I received from Jesus?

Sometimes I know I don't have to worry because I know that God's ways are perfect, but I end up worrying anyways. I don't know exactly what God is teaching me this time, but it's always hard in the process of learning. Maybe he's teaching me to trust Him and only Him completely. Maybe he's teaching me humility. Maybe he's teaching me that character matters more than grades. Maybe he's teaching me to value other people for who they are no matter who they may be. Maybe he's teaching me to persevere.

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

I never really thought about it, but how many times has Jesus taken my burdens so that I didn't have to be burdened? Far more than I know. I thank God for being so kind to me when I don't deserve it at all.

God deserves all the glory.

No matter what my circumstances, God is good. In the good times and the bad times, God is good.

http://www.setapartgirl.com/blog/Entries/2012/9/12_Commanding_my_Soul_to_Rejoice.html
I thought this was really good - and encouraging. (: I have to choose to live a life full of hope.
"The news that Jesus Christ rescued me from sin and death, and that I am His for all eternity. The news that He has given me everything I need for life and godliness, and that He will never leave me or forsake me. What more could I ever ask for? What other reason do I need to sing, dance, and leap for joy?"


1 comment:

  1. Good point. I always try to think about what REALLY matters instead of just grades.

    ReplyDelete

:)