Thursday, November 29, 2012

Crazy Love

I recently read the book Crazy Love  by Francis Chan. I think the things that mostly stuck out to me were:
  1. God is so good. He is so great and beyond anything I can imagine. My response to his greatness should be to worship Him with my everything because he deserves my worship.
  2. Though I already knew this, I was reminded that a Christian life is simply being madly in love with Jesus. God's love is perfect; my love is imperfect. Yet God still chooses to love me with unconditional love which is amazing!
  3. All the glory belongs to God.
  4. I don't remember where, but I remember this one question he said someone asked him - "What are you doing in your life that requires faith?" This has been repeating in my mind constantly for a few days. What exactly am I doing that requires faith? I know that God is powerful, but do I believe in Him that I will trust Him to do impossible things? What am I praying for? Who am I praying for? How will my life be if God was not in the picture? When I think about what God is doing all around the world, it's just so amazing. Our God is so amazing! I don't want to live a life that denies God's powers. I want to see God reveal his power to people through spiritual and physical healing, and etc.
Yesterday in TLC (I keep forgetting today is Thursday, not Friday!) we divided into two small groups and talked about Thanksgiving. We talked about Psalm 103 and for what reasons David gave thanks to God. Then we went around and shared stories of how God healed us and how God revealed himself to us and it was so refreshing hearing ways God continues to work in other people's lives. Often times, I don't ask "How is God working in your life?" or "What has God done in my life?" and I even forget all the awesome things God has done in my life. But sharing was a good reminder and it brought me back so many memories of what God has done in my life. It's so amazing how God just fit all the puzzles in my life perfectly in certain situations when I was so unsure about the future. It gives me hope for the future because I know God has the perfect plans for my future. I recently had the thought - wow, there's so much more in life than going to college. There's always the uncertainty. What am I going to do in the future? Right now I only have a very ambiguous idea on what God wants me to do in the future. There's two certain things, but I have no idea when, how, or where they are all going to unfold. I have to trust God. I hope that in my life I can see God's power revealed. I just have to have faith in God! (:

1 comment:

:)