Sunday, April 21, 2013

Speaking Boldly

I have always admired those people who have great relationships with God that their mere presence would convict someone of who God is. However in my attempt to live a Christ-centered life, I have forgotten the other important aspect, which would be to preach His word. It's easier to not contradict anyone and remain silent in school. But recently, God has been convicting me that I need to talk about Him. If I never speak about God, I might just be another "nice person" they meet in their life. I was randomly looking through my notes through a random notebook I picked off my bookshelf and I read this. I have no idea who gave the message although I remember taking these notes. Maybe it was Bill Pottinger? I have no clue. I hope you guys can read it. I just took a picture of it. What stuck out the most to me is that "Our task it not to convince people. It's to speak the truth." As Belssi said during her message last week, she should be able to give the same message to anyone else in the world because it's the truth. The message I share with one person shouldn't differ with another person. And I definitely cannot convince anyone through an argument to believe Jesus as their Savior. Only the Holy Spirit can work in people's lives. 
We are studying about Peter in TLC and had a really discussion last week. In the past weeks we studied Peter's faith as he walked across the boat and how he denied Jesus three times. Then last Wednesday we studied how radically Peter had transformed after the death and resurrection of Jesus. He was preaching boldly in front of thousands of people and in one day, five thousand people were saved. Through Jesus' power, Peter was also healing people as Jesus did. Then we discussed how we can reach out to our friends and what people believe in. I never thought about it, but what someone said really stuck out to me. Most people truly believe that they are right with God and that they will go to heaven when they die. However, we know that this is not the truth. Which also reminded me that the devil's greatest lie is convincing people that he is not real. Satan is a liar. And we have Jesus on our side so I need to speak the truth of who God is!

"For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile" (Romans 1:16).

No comments:

Post a Comment

:)