Friday, January 10, 2014

Satisfy

"Christ is Enough" by Hillsong Live

Christ is my reward
And all of my devotion
Now there's nothing in this world
That could ever satisfy...

Christ is enough for me
Christ is enough for me
Everything I need is in You
Everything I need

I heard this song a few weeks before the fall semester ended (and it was on replay for a couple of days). My favorite part of the song is "now there's nothing in this world that could ever satisfy." This is so true! Nothing in this world can fulfill my deepest longings and needs except Jesus.

I didn't realize until after talking with Kisung and other people at the YDJ winter retreat how important having personal faith in God is. God created each one of us with a longing to be loved that no one (and nothing) in this world can fulfill. As believers, we have the privilege of having an intimate relationship with Jesus. No matter how close I am with someone, no one can fully understand and fulfill my needs and struggles, except Jesus. Although it's a struggle to read my Bible and pray at times, knowing Jesus brings me the greatest joy and delight! No wonder parents always pray that their kids may have personal faith in God! When I look back, I find myself amazed at how God cared about the smallest prayers I brought to him (and didn't even bring to him!). He didn't have to, but he answered them and strengthened my faith in Him. And at times, he did not answer my prayers for my best.

For example, for my last speech in my communications class, I was a mess. I had another presentation that Tuesday, and two exams on Wednesday, two lab reports due Thursday, and the speech on Thursday morning. I just didn't have time to prepare for the speech until Wednesday night (I probably could have found time beforehand but it was too late). I had the outline, but I had to write out the speech and create a Powerpoint. In addition, for our final speech we had to dress up in business attire. And...I looked in my closet and found nothing. So what did I do? I asked my mom for help and she told me I had to go shopping on my own. And where did I go? Beltway Plaza. Sometimes going to Marshall's is a hit or miss thing, but I know God lead me that day because within 5 minutes of entering the store I found a blazer, exactly what I needed. However I just could not find any shoes my size (it would be perfect to be a size seven). I gave up at Marshalls and went next door to Target and right away, I found pretty good black heels. Thank the Lord! I went home, wrote my speech, and tried to practice it but I was mentally drained and tired. I was praying to God that I wouldn't have to present the next day (because only a third of the class presents each day). He knows me so deeply and so well - better than I know myself. Although I really really really did not want to present Thursday morning, I felt that I was going to have to. My professor calls on people when no one volunteers, and that day he called on me. I was nervous, went under-time, and skipped a lot of information, but I'm so thankful that I went and got over with the speech. The following Tuesday we had a day off from school, which cancelled my communication class. As a result, people had to make up their speech Thursday night, which would have been really inconvenient, let alone stressful. I thank God for teaching me to trust Him even more through my communications class because giving speeches is definitely not my strong point.

Praise God! When no one could help me, he was there and helped me. (:

No comments:

Post a Comment

:)