Saturday, June 23, 2012

Cleaning

Whooooo. I just cleaned my laptop by deleting 15 + GB worth of pictures and then emptying my recycling bin. Now the computer feels so clean and so much faster. (:

It takes much less time deleting pictures than moving them to the hard drive. I think I have hours to go to transport all the newer photos. After getting a DSLR, the picture sizes, along with quality has gone up much much more, which means more work for my hard working laptop. Hopefully it will last for at least one more year! But my computer feels so much faster now that I freed 40 GB on the computer. Phew.

Talking about being free, I am learning that there is so much freedom in Jesus! On the outside, Christianity seems to be bounded by rules and regulations, but the commands God gives us is out of his love as a loving father has rules for his children. What kind of father would let his child eat only candy and soda while growing up? In the same way, God has these rules and regulations because he's looking out for us. True freedom is not being lawless. Often times people talk about how they're free in college because they're away from their parents. They can eat whenever, sleep whenever, and do whatever they want without their parents. However that is not freedom. I really don't think I will feel free if I do whatever I want. Rather, I'll be bound by the consequences of the bad decisions I make and eventually become bound by sin. Thus, I believe true freedom comes from following Jesus. That may seem ironic, but as it says in the Korean Memorial in D.C. "freedom is not free." My freedom came with the price of Jesus' blood. In Jesus there is freedom. I have the freedom to be who I was created to be because I know that Jesus loves me. I mean, who really cares what everyone else says when my worth is determined by just one - God himself? He loves me and that's all that matters. It is extremely important to find your worth solely in Jesus.

I went to costco with my mom and my sister today. It has been forever since I have been to costco. My Saturdays this past year was filled with chemistry outlines and problem sets. (: It felt so nice walking through the aisles at costco.

I cannot believe we're going to Grace Retreat tomorrow. It really came really quickly this year. Perhaps it's because of the busyness of missions preparations and whatnot, but I'm still really excited for the retreat. I know that God never disappoints. The retreat may not go the way I expect it to be, but God will not disappoint me. I'm excited to learn so much more about him and I really pray that I may be blessed to bless others in Mexico!

I'm just so thankful that God never disappoints. He always provides - finances, opportunities, etc. He always knows the best for me. Even though it's really tough when I don't get what I want at the moment, God always knows the best. Time of refinement is extremely important!

Expect great things from God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

:)