Friday, June 15, 2012

t-shirts and talents

Alliteration anyone?

Today was a lot of fun as we decorated t-shirts at Sarrilly's house today! Spending hours and hours on a single shirt made me appreciate people who design and make t-shirts. Some parts of the tshirt making process is so painstakingly slow. I think each of us spent five hours working on one shirt. Nonetheless, it was a lot of fun making the shirts, helping each other, and just spending time with each other! (:

We are wrapping up more and more of our fundraisers. Service auction was today and I believe it was a success! Tomorrow will be the softball tournament for guys and the raffle tickets! After a month of selling raffle tickets, one more day to go. I can hardly believe that we'll be leaving for Mexico in less than three weeks. So much work to do, but I'm excited for it.

As I sat and listened to all the services people were offering at the service auction today, I realized how talented people are. God gives each and every person talents - whether they may seem small or large. It is important for each person to cultivate their talents and use it to glorify Him. I know God has poured out an abundance of talent in our church. However this does not mean one person can do everything because each person has what they are good at. I listened to a message Pastor Stephen Chandler gave and he said you know you have a talent when it comes easy to you. Other people may struggle to do what you do with ease. That's a talent. I believe it is sooooo important to cultivate the talent that God has given you and use it to glorify Him because He gave it specially to you. No one else may have the ability as you do.

If you want to check out the message, it's here: http://vimeo.com/43876692

Day 2 - ice:
Day 2 - icy!

Day 3 - macro:
Day 3 - macro!

Day 4 - sleep:
Day 4 - Precious Sleep

Day 5 - romance:
Day 5 - Romance

No comments:

Post a Comment

:)