Monday, June 4, 2012

spark

Emotions can change in seconds; dreams can be crushed in minutes; hope can be lost in days. However commitments and goals are different. They seem more concrete. When I make a commitment, it doesn't matter what emotions I feel because no matter what, it has to be done. Yesterday I wrote a whole essay on children's imagination. Children, unlike adults, have the ability to imagine and dream about anything. They are easily entertained and content with sand, sticks, and grass. However when children grow up, they begin to lose their sense of imagination. People may tell them it's foolish and they may believe it. In the same way, a person may have dreams and visions. But people will come and tell us things are impossible, unreasonable, or even dumb. Honesty, some dreams are probably unrealistic and truly dumb, and you should heed the advice from wise people if they say it is dumb, but some dreams are real. Advice: be careful where you get your advice from! I would not care if someone on the street told me something discouraging because they don't know me. Well, maybe at first but it doesn't matter because they don't even know who I am. Maybe they were just having a bad day and needed to let it out to someone on the street. Anyways, that's not my point. Heed the advice from wise friends -- not just any friends, but friends who you know are wise because they seek God. If multiple wise friends think your dreams are dumb, then you might need to reconsider it. However if your wise friends think your dream's going to happen, don't ever give up! (: A few weeks ago, I realized something. Everything great started out from a spark. For example, facebook -- the founder had an idea to make a social networking site and now it's this huge thing that everyone uses. So yes, I believe it's important to keep our dreams and visions alive. Don't let the busyness of this life consume your dreams. Keep the dreams God has given you alive! And when doubt starts to creep in again, keep pushing on. (:

(I'm actually looking back at what I wrote and I'm wondering why I wrote this, haha. It started with the first sentence and then I felt the need to explain it and it just kept going on and on. It's more like a rant than a structured argument or prose. I hope it made some sense. If not, I hope I didn't waste too much of your time.)

Truthfully, it's been really hard these few days to keep my eyes on my goals, and above all, the ultimate prize -knowing Jesus. I have been just so busy that I haven't had much time to just think. It's like I'm getting caught in a cycle of living without really thinking or realizing what I am doing. Even though the future is extremely foggy and misty right now, I'm going to hold on. I don't want to be a twig that snaps or a flimsy plant that just sways back and forth when the wind comes. I want to be a plant rooted so firmly and deeply in Jesus so that I stay rooted when the winds and the waves come. I want to be passionate about the things I do, but I know that anything created by humans cannot last forever. The passion I have, created by my humanly desires will never last because I will eventually get burnt out and maybe even apathetic. Thus, I'm praying for passion - not from me, but from God. Sometimes it's hard, actually, most of the times, it's hard because it's a everyday thing to push on or to take that time to spend time with God, but we have to keep pushing!

Random thought, but I actually really miss going to prayer meeting on Tuesday. Going through prayer meetings on Tuesdays definitely helped me get through junior year. It may seem like a waste of time, or even unwise in humanly point of view to go to prayer meeting when I had homework to do, tests coming up, and essays to write, but it wasn't. Every single prayer meeting was worth it. It was good having fellowship with everyone else while helping each other get through the toughest times by supporting each other through prayer. 

"Pray without ceasing."

Let's pray for Mexico. (:
Things seem impossible right now. We don't have plane tickets, our skit's not ready, and we're no where near our fundraising goals, but God's going to provide. I know that God definitely uses us in our weaknesses to reveal his powers. I know that God is the bountiful God and he will always provide enough. All we can do right now is do our best and keep praying for this missions trip this summer! It's going to be so beautiful. (:

2 comments:

  1. omgggg i just love ur bloggggg like omgggg
    keep keep writing more and more cause i lOOOVEEE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this was so deep.
    "Emotions can change in seconds; dreams can be crushed in minutes; hope can be lost in days."
    ^i love that. :)

    ReplyDelete

:)