Monday, June 18, 2012

Integrity

What is integrity?

That was the question I ended the last post with. Yes, it is the next post, but I really do want to know what you guys think it is. I want to know what it is. Integrity. It's a word I have heard before, but never really thought about what it was. I googled it and it seems like integrity has something to do with moral principles, trust, consistency, character, and honesty.

I found this quote online -
"Integrity means doing the same thing whether people are with you or whether you are alone." - Ed Anderson

"Officially, for Compassion (International), integrity is: aligning our thoughts, motivations, attitudes and actions with the ethical principles found in God's Word. In both our personal lives and our ministry, what we believe, what we say, and what we do should be consistent, congruent, reliable and transparent."
source: http://blog.compassion.com/what-is-integrity/

Looking at these definitions, it seems like having integrity comes from fully living before God alone. These quotes remind me of biblical characters Joseph and Daniel. Joseph, when tempted by his master's wife, fled from temptation and held his integrity. Daniel, when told he couldn't pray, stood firm and did as he always did - pray three times a day with the windows open. He stood firm. That is amazing. He knew he was going to be thrown into the lion's den, but he did as he always did. He opened the doors and prayed.

When we face adversity and temptations - what am I going to do? What are you going to do? When no one is watching, what are we going to do? Who are we living for?

What is integrity?


1 comment:

  1. I think integrity means your self respect or self worth. The things you can or won't do to preserve that

    ReplyDelete

:)