Friday, August 10, 2012

another lesson learned

"May the Lord answer you when you are in distress; may the name of the God of Jacob protect you. May he send you help from the sanctuary and grant you support from Zion. May he remember all your sacrifices and accept your burnt offerings. May he give you the desire of your heart and make all your plans succeed. We will shout for joy when you be victorious and will lift up our banners in the name of our God. May the Lord grant all your requests."
- Psalm 20:1-5

Every time I lose something, I learn sooo much. But I hate losing things. So I was at Target on Tuesday. I wanted to back to school shopping and see what was on sale. So my dad and my sister dropped me off at Target while my sister went to her swimming lesson. So then I went in line and bought a few things - agenda book, etc. Then I went to the area near the Starbucks inside the Target to read and wait for my dad and sister. When they came, I gathered my things and we went around Target one more time for my sister's supplies. Apparently I left my wallet on the counter when I left, except I didn't know that. Then we went to Staples and then went home. When I opened my bag to get my permit before my first driving lesson, what did I find? Or should I say, what did I not find? As you can guess - my wallet. My driving instructor, Gary, came at one o'clock, waiting for me, and here I was looking for my wallet that had my permit in it. Thankfully he was chill and let me drive. After I came back from driving, I still couldn't find my wallet. It was really sad. I called Target and Staples but they didn't see a red and white wallet in the lost-and-found. I seriously think I called Target like ten times.

I prayed about it and I really did not want to go to the MVA to go get another permit. I prayed to God that he would raise one honest person to find my wallet and return it to me. I remember that I felt like I should go to Psalm 20 - the Psalm for that day and so I read it (it's on the top). It's so good.

However, waiting is hard, especially when you don't know what's going to happen in the future. So here I was, waiting, but seeing nothing. Every time Gary asked me for my permit, I would have to explain to him how I lost my wallet. I was trying to figure out - did I lose it? Did someone steal it? There's nothing in my wallet that you can really steal. Anyways while I was waiting, I was looking up information on how to get another permit and whatnot. On the first day that I lost my wallet, the problem was consuming me. When I lose things, God brings me to a place where I have to come to him because there's nothing that I can do. One part of me really wanted to just go to the MVA right away to get another permit, but another part of me told me to wait. I remembered how I bought a pre-calc book online because I lost my math book but then later found it. What if I just bought another permit and I just found my permit?

Well, Tuesday passed, Wednesday passed, Thursday passed, and here we are at Friday. After Wednesday, I gave it up to God and decided to wait on Him. You know when you pray for things, you're supposed to believe it. So I was trying to believe in Him, hoping that someone would knock on the door. There have been a few unfamiliar knocks the past few days but none of the people came to give my wallet back. So today I was sitting at my table, writing something and I hear someone knocking. My dad answered the door and I was trying to figure out who it was. Then I heard something about my wallet and voila, there's my wallet! AHHH. This is definitely the work of God. (:

As I said, through losing things, I learn so much. God showed me the wonderful ways he works. He taught me to wait on Him rather than trying to figure out things on my own. He showed me that He listens & answers my prayers. He taught me to trust Him even more. As senior year comes with college applications and whatnot, he wants me to trust Him because He has the best plans for me, not me. 

I hope you guys also know that God has the best plans for you. The plans you have for your future might be great and amazing, but they can't be better than the plans God has for you guys. And He does listen to our prayers (well if we're right with him). He wants you to trust Him with everything because He's going to make your story beautiful!

God is good? All the time!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing! I'm glad you found your wallet. God is good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOAHHHHH MIRACLESSSSS!!! SOOOO AWESOME! bettaaa watchouttt

    ReplyDelete

:)