Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Positivity

I knew it, but it hit me more as I went back to school.

Positivity is a choice.

Sometimes it is easy to be positive, other times it's not. I am realizing more and more that I have to consciously make the decision to notice the good side of things despite of all the bad things (sounds so cliche). Over the summer I spent a lot of time with my youth group, church, and at home. No matter how negative people can be at times, I think we (as a youth group) were trying to be more positive this year. I find it easier to hang around positive people (being around negative people makes me feel negative too). However as soon as I returned to school, I realized that being positive is so much harder than it seems. It's definitely easier to be positive around other positive people. At school, so many people complain. I complain, they complain, we all complain. People speak poorly of others, curse, and are just really negative sometimes. If I could, I would just block out everything they said, but I can't. If I sit next to them, I can't help overhearing all their complaints. However, I want to choose to be positive. Despite all the homework and difficulties, I don't want to just complain about it.

I need to tell myself to just do the work. I know that everything I do now is for a reason for what God has in store for my future. However it doesn't mean I'll always be positive. I'll try my best, but humans always fail because only God's perfect. So I pray that I may not be influenced by the negativity surrounding me. I want to make a difference to the people around me by choosing to be positive. (:

2 comments:

  1. YES being positive always helps! i love this post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so true! I'm learning more and more that everything boils down to our choice to live a certain way.

    ReplyDelete

:)