Monday, August 20, 2012

rain

It was the first day of school and I find no coincidence that it rained today. I could look at it negatively and say that it set a gloomy mood for the rest of the school year, but I believe it means something else - it's going to rain this year. I believe God is going to pour out his spirit this year to our schools so that we can make a difference. Not just a small difference, but huge differences that will impact the lives of our friends and students within the school.

I'm praying that I come to love senior year despite the differences. I do miss my classes, teachers, and friends from last year. Well, I don't know about the classes, but I do miss the teachers and classes. It was such a sweet year. However I can't just compare this year to last year because God has something greater in store for me this year than I can imagine. As I didn't know anything how my schedule fit so perfectly together in the beginning of the year, I don't know how perfectly it's going to fit together this year. It does feel odd that I don't have a temp class this year, but maybe I could go outside somehow.

Random: I was thinking about this the other day, but it makes a significant difference when someone truly believes in you. In moments of despair and hardship, when someone says "I believe you can do it" that means so much. Words do go a long way.

Banquet: Planning the banquet made me realize how much I love planning events, but at the same time it made me realize how much I dislike planning. I love putting ideas into actions, but there are just so many details that need to be taken care of. Name cards, tables, posters, etc. Planning events take so much thought and energy from me, but at the end of the day, I really enjoy planning things. (:

Funny moment while setting up for the banquet:
me: "Matthew, can you put the table cloth on each of the tables? Alternate them yellow, white, yellow, white."
*Matthew goes to the tables, opens the table cloths*
Matthew: "What? These are semi-circles!" (Matthew didn't open the table cloth fully.)
Then we realized that we didn't buy the rectangular table cloths for the white ones, hahaa.
We came to the conclusion that the circular table cloths actually looked pretty good.
Then a few minutes later we hear Matthew:
"These are squares! They don't even fit the table. WHO BOUGHT THESE?"
He scared us again. He didn't fully open them, hahahaha.

Throughout the night many things went wrong, apart from how we planned it. However through these events God taught me that there's only so much we can plan. We can plan every minute of it, but if it doesn't go exactly the way we planned it, it's okay. It was more important for us to enjoy the banquet than become obsessed with how everything was turning out compared to the original plan. During the night the "serious" video we made for the seniors lagged like crazy and we couldn't convert the video we made on the apple to .avi to watch on the computer screen, but in the end, it was all okay. (But I seriously always have video compatibility problems whenever I work on a video. It's so frustrating.)

I thought it was really cool when there were just enough forks for all of us when we were handing out the cheesecake. God provides! We were wondering if there were enough forks before the night began. (:

As I sat listening to each person speak about the seniors, I saw how valuable each person was. God wants to take each and every single one of them on a great journey. However they have to choose to live for Him. If they choose His way, their lives are going to be so powerful and amazing.

Well, I hope the seniors, soon-to-be freshmen enjoyed the banquet. (:

No comments:

Post a Comment

:)