Tuesday, August 28, 2012

He knew

"I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength." - Philippians 4:13
The more I look back on certain past events that occurred in my life, I'm just amazed at how God's perfect plans unfolded in my life. Last year I was so set on taking orchestra, but due to my schedule conflict, I had to take introduction to photography. I wanted to take it, but at that time I really wanted to take orchestra. However God knew that taking orchestra during my junior year would be too much for me. He helped me get to know the photography teacher. Now I can visit him and show him pictures I've taken recently! Then at the end of junior year, I had the same conflict again - photography or orchestra? I kept praying about it, but I  really wasn't sure what to do. I think I put orchestra as my first choice. Then photography, and then art somewhere just in case. To my surprise, what did I get? Did I get orchestra? Did I get photography? No, I got art. At first I was kind of disappointed because I wanted to take intermediate photography, but now I realize that God knew. I always wanted to take art in my middle school/high school career but I could never fit it into my schedule. Now here I am, senior year, taking art! 

Several people have prophesized over me in the past and have told me they saw me painting. They would ask me - "oh do you paint?" and I would answer "oh no, but I like photography" but then painting would keep coming back to me Who knew I would later be sitting in my room...painting t shirts? Haha. I love being able to be creative through art. Maybe I'll get more into painting later on. Creating and capturing something really does make me feel alive. Another worry that I had was my bus being late this year because I have AP Biology first period. It would be terrible if I was late to bio everyday! Last year my bus came late almost everyday but that was no big deal because I had photography first period. Guess what! My bus comes to school on time and early - around 8:15. Those fifteen minutes are really great for visiting the photo teacher.

On Monday, he randomly told me there was a Canon lens that was used for a SLR camera before it went digital. He told me to bring my camera to check out if the lens fit. I brought my camera, and surprise - it did! Now I can borrow the new lens and it's extremely cool because you can zoom really far - up to 200 mm. It's so exciting (the picture above was taken with this lens). Considering how expensive lenses are and how random this surprise was, I am so excited to see what this lens can do! Also extremely thankful.

Looking back through my life, I'm glad I didn't take orchestra junior year. I'm glad my bus was late last year and I'm glad my bus is early this year. I'm so thankful for the way God has been working through my life. I'm thankful for the perfect schedule he planned for me this year. Even though I have a tough Lit class, maybe there are people He wants me to meet and encounter this year. (:

His plans are perfect and mine aren't. I need to remember that when things do not go the way I planned it, it's okay. It's probably better that way.

sidenote: Right now, I'm praying that I have strength! I have been exhausted and extremely tired, but I'm praying. I know God can do amazing things like getting rid of tiredness. (:

I am extremely excited for all that God has in store for this year. I'm trying to really embrace and love this year despite the difficulties. God has been teaching me to just relax and to enjoy this year. Even though it may be busy and hard, I need to enjoy it. I need to enjoy learning. I need to enjoy being in school this year.

1 comment:

  1. That is so encouraging to read. He really DOES know! It sometimes takes a while for us to realize it.

    ReplyDelete

:)