Sunday, August 19, 2012

high school: part 4

"I humble myself down
I say you’re greater than all I am
your perfect way
makes path for my life
I’m holding tight,
trusting you with all my heart;
the road you’ll take me
is not my way
but greater is your way
it’s the perfect way."

I found this non-rhyming poem in a file titled "random poems" while cleaning out my flash drive. Apparently I wrote it in 2010 (probably around a year and a half ago). I think this is fitting for the occasion. I would like to declare it to God once again that His way is the perfect way. I have my expectations and dreams, but His are far greater. Therefore this year I want His way to be my way and my way to be His.

High school part four begins tomorrow. As I get older, each year seems just like a continuation of the last. Let's pick up school where we left it. I don't think I have a lot of classes with my friends this year, but it's okay. I'll make new friends! (:

God,  I entrust this year to you. 




2 comments:

  1. So awesome how you dedicate your school year to Him. Truly, He is so pleased by your trust and surrender to Him and He's gonna be with you every single day! Have an amazing first day tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joshua 1:9
    glorify God through your studies! hehe
    senior year will be awesome :)

    ReplyDelete

:)