Sunday, September 23, 2012

Everlasting


Last week was spirit week. The tradition at my high school - Eleanor Roosevelt High School is that every Friday of spirit week is class color day. In the fall spirit week, each of the classes get a designated spot in the school and they must decorate it according to the theme given for the year. This year we had Lion King. I stayed after Thursday until six to help out as well. It was the first time for me seeing all kinds of people coming together to work on something together. There were all kinds of people in one room. It was an interesting sight seeing the artistic people, nerdy people, "cool" people, etc. all in one room. I can tell that everyone was working really hard. However the sad thing is that all the decorations have to come down by 8:30 on Friday. So people are working on decorating the hallway for more than a week and in thirty minutes, everything has to come down.

This thought is really sad and it made me think - what am I building my life on? You can work on something so hard all your life but if it's not on a firm foundation, it can be wiped away in the matter of minutes. I don't know about you, but I want to build my life on something that's lasting - everlasting. It would be terrible to work so hard all my life and realize everything I have done is in vain. I want to build things that will last. Then it got me thinking - what will last senior year? All the decorations and memories will last only for so long, but I realized that friendships/relationships will last. I have to build my foundation upon Jesus and love people the way He loves them. Then it will last.

Let's build our lives on something that will last not only for a short time, but forever. (:

Devote time into your friendships that you already have and make the effort to make new friends this year! I want to build genuine friendships that will last.


No comments:

Post a Comment

:)