Wednesday, September 26, 2012

SYATP

"O God, you are my God, earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you, my body longs for you, in a dry and weary land where there is no water." - Psalm 63:1

Today was the national day of prayer at flagpoles in schools all around the world. Praying with other people who believe in God, I was just so encouraged. God really reminded me that he listens to my prayers. Two years ago at Grace Retreat when I went to the prophesy room, they told me that God listens to my prayers. Praying with others reminded me that yes, God does listen to my prayers. I don't know when he will answer them, but he does. It encouraged me to keep going, to keep on praying even though I don't see everything in front of me. When I pray, God listens. Keep praying for big things guys 'cause God's going to do great things, but you have to go after Him. He has amazing plans for you guys, but you have to seek Him. (:

God has also been teaching me about the importance of prayer. If you read the gospel, we see that Jesus prayed in the morning in a solitary place. Before he began his day, he came to God in prayer. "Very early in the morning, while it was still dark, Jesus got up, left the house and went off to a solitary place, where he prayed" (Mark 1:35). Before Jesus performed miracles such as casting out demons and healing people, he prayed. I believe we receive power and authority through praying and spending time with God. Today a thought came into my head. When things get hard, how do we keep going on? We pray. And we keep praying. Today God reminded me of my junior year. It was impossible for me to get through it by my own strength, but I got through the difficult times by praying. When we spend time in prayer, it may seem like a waste of time because we could be doing something efficient with our time. However prayer is never a waste of time. In fact, I believe it's vital to Christian life. How are we going to know God's plans for us and what he wants to do through us for the day without asking him each day? So I encourage you guys to spend time praying everyday. Set a time in the morning, no matter how long it is and begin your day by spending time with God. As you do, I'll try my best too. (:

By the way, when you ask God for things in prayer, have faith! Believe that it will happen. Expect it to happen. It will if it is God's will.


No comments:

Post a Comment

:)