Monday, September 3, 2012

Savior

"For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God." (1 Corinthians 1:18)

"For the foolishness of God is wiser than man's wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than man's strength." (1 Corinthians 1:25)

"I have told you these things, so that in me you have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." (John 16:33)

I recently had a dream that keeps coming back to my thought. In my dream, we were at church and there was this man who proclaimed to be Jesus. I'm certain that in this dream, people began to believe Him. I saw people embracing this man, believing with all their heart that he was their proclaimed Savior. Unfortunately, I believed him too (remember, this was a dream!). I also embraced this man, but it didn't feel right. I have no idea why I believed that the man was Jesus in my dream, but I did. But later in the dream, after my friend commented "Of course it's not Jesus! They're just actors." I realized my mistake. Of course he wasn't Jesus! In my dream, I felt sooo sad that I had believed a false prophet. Then I woke up.

This dream reminded me of the warnings that Jesus gave us - "At that time if anyone says to you, 'Look, here is the Christ!' or 'There he is!' do not believe it. For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and miracles to deceive even the elect- if that were possible. See I have told you ahead of time" (Matthew 24: 23-25). I believe God was warning me with this dream to be alert so that I can be careful.

This dream really reminded me that Jesus is my only Savior. Nothing else can save me. No human being can save me because we are sinful. 

Jesus is my Savior.

This is comforting because I know that Jesus is wiser and stronger than anything or anyone of this world. As 1 Corinthians 1:25 says, "the weakness of God is stronger than man's strength." Jesus already overcame the world. There is victory in his name! No matter the difficulties facing us, know that Jesus is stronger. This world will last only for a while, but remember there is eternity. (:

It's going to be all worth it all.

"Take heart! I have overcome the world."


1 comment:

  1. Dreams are such a cool way to receive a message or reminder! Thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete

:)