Thursday, September 13, 2012

lessons from the Bible:


  • "For the kingdom of God is not a matter of talk but of power." - 1 Corinthians 4:20
    • God's kingdom has power. It's time to live knowing that God gives us the power that raised Jesus from the dead. 
  • "When they had sung a hymn, they went out to the Mount of Olives." - Matthew 26:30
    • The disciples sung hymns with Jesus! Worship was and is really important.
  • "The work is too heavy for you; you cannot handle it alone. Listen now to me and I will give you some advice, and may God be with you. You must be the people's representative before God and bring their disputes to him. Teach them the decrees and laws, and show them the way to live and the duties they are to perform. But select capable men from all the people-men who fear God, trustworthy men who hate dishonest gain" - Exodus 18:18-21
    • Moses was the man. He was such a good leader and full of wisdom that he spent hours and hours listening to people bring their disputes before him. However when his father-in-law, Jethro, visited, he noticed something. Moses was wearing himself out by spending all his time listening to all these people! Even though Moses was anointed by God, he couldn't do everything all on his own. In the same way, I can't do everything by myself. You can't do everything by yourself. We have to work with other people to be able to accomplish things. If I did do everything by myself I would wear myself out and not everything would be accomplished.
  • "In all this, Job did not sin in what he said." - Job 2:10b
    • At this time Job lost everything he had - his children, livestock, health, etc. but as it says, he did not sin in what he said. Even through his struggle and pain, he never cursed God. I find that so amazing. Even when God allowed Satan to take away everything Job had, he chose to be loyal to God. This verse also showed me that what comes out of my mouth does matter. It matters a lot. Therefore I need to be careful about what I say to others, to God, and to myself.
  • "Then Jesus came to them and said, 'All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.'" - Matthew 28:17-20
    • "All authority" has been given to Jesus. Jesus is supreme over everything - the winds, the waves, etc. That is so amazing. We have access to the authority that Jesus has. At the same time it places a responsibility on us to go and make disciples of all nations.
These are some things God has been teaching me. (:
"Peace be with you!"

beeee

No comments:

Post a Comment

:)