Tuesday, October 30, 2012

thoughts

I am so thankful for these two days we haven't had school. I really need them.

Recently I made a pinterest. It's like an overflow of creativity ideas that makes you just want to do crafts all day. Every time I see a good idea, I wish I had the materials so I could make them, haha. It also makes you believe you can do anything creative because everything looks so pretty!

While my prayer topic now is to gain wisdom, it sure is not easy gaining it. God is giving me opportunities to make decision and it's hard. Often times it's easy to look at other people who have made great decisions in their lives and have thought "oh, that must have been easy for them because it's just them" but I realized that everyone struggles to make the right decisions in their lives. It's easy to think that dying on the cross was really easy for Jesus, but it wasn't. Before his crucifixion, he pleaded with God that the pain be taken away from him if it was God's will. From here, we can see that it was difficult for Jesus to choose the will of God. He did it, but it wasn't easy. At the same time, God's great plans for our lives are not going to be easy. They're the best, but they're not the easiest. However little or great the decisions that faces me, I pray that I may have discernment to choose what is right before God no matter how difficult the choices.

"Seek the Lord while he may be found; call on him while he is near." - Isaiah 55:6

It is good to seek God. I remember hearing a message by Shep. David Brogi and I think he said (paraphrasing) you will never waste your time seeking God. It's so true. The wisest thing to do in this life is to seek God. 

I need to trust God. There's great peace when I trust him.

I'm reminded once again that God uses us to do great things when we are weak. It is so important for us to be humble before God. Completely honest, vulnerable, and humble before him. Time and time again, I try doing things all on my own again only get burnt up, frustrated, and weak. However in these weakest moments, God uses me. Why? Because it's not about me. It's for his glory. It's all for his glory.



No comments:

Post a Comment

:)