Monday, October 1, 2012

friends

Looking back throughout high school, I am so thankful for the friends God provided me with. I think I took it for granted that I had Christian friends, but now I realize that it's something special. I have friends who are seeking God in their life alongside me. I'm not alone. I'm so thankful that God prepared friends for me in advance in high school. He always knows what's best for me even when I don't. (:

It's not easy to have good friends either. To have a great friend, you have to be one too. It takes a lot of energy to build a relationship with someone, but in the end it's worth it.

--

"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference."

--

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light" (Matthew 11: 28-30).

God has been gently reminding me to just come to him. God can handle it. He doesn't want to just hear about the big problems. He wants me to tell him everything that's concerning me. He doesn't want me to be burdened. Instead he wants me to trust him with all my heart that everything's going to work out. Unlike me, God's not concerned about everything going right at the moment. He's concerned about the end result. He's concerned about the condition of my heart. He wants me to keep growing and growing. I need to lay down everything before the king - the good and the bad. God works for the good of those who love him. (:

Do you believe it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

:)