Sunday, October 14, 2012

College Essays

"Describe the parts that add up to the sum of you."

I really want to write this essay, but I'm having such a hard time. Why? I don't know. I already wrote two essays, attempting to answer this question, but I didn't answer it. What are parts that add up to the sum of me? Should I stick with concrete ideas or not? I don't know. There's so many directions this essay can go, but here I am, stuck.

In my opinion, the difficult part of writing a college essays is the word counts. It's extremely hard putting certain feelings into words that communicate clearly to others.

Maybe I'll just choose another prompt. Maybe.

On another note, college essays make you think about your life - what you did, who you are, etc. It brings me back random memories.


2 comments:

  1. If I remember correctly, I used people who had an influence on me. My first part was about my parents and the second was my church. I would have to dig it up to make sure. But yeah do your own thing, but I'm just giving you an idea of what it could look like. I think it be best to just have 2-3 firm points/ideas to focus on. I'm sure everyone has more parts than that that make up themselves and you most probably will not capture who you are with so few points, but hey what can a college essay expect with so few words. I'm not quite sure what you mean by concrete ideas, but yeah they definately should be defined and to the point. Anyways you might've probably already known all that haha.

    ReplyDelete

:)