Friday, October 12, 2012

God's Goodness

God is so good.

It feels like I haven't blogged in a while. Well, I did the other day, but that really doesn't count. Well, God has been teaching me a lot through Esther. Last Wednesday we watched Veggie Tales in TLC and it was really good. It reminded me that Esther was indeed brave, but she was human too. It took a lot of courage for her to be able to go up to the king without being summoned. I don't have circumstances like Esther did, but I can learn a lot from her. What stuck out to me the most from the video was when her cousin Mordecai came up to her and told her there was a reason for why she was the Queen even though couldn't see at the time. And when the time did come for her to take action, her decisions were important. Often times I feel like we fail to realize that our actions affect not only ourselves, but others as well. Well, I know I do. Sometimes I wonder why I'm placed in certain places at certain times and I don't know why in the beginning but I know that God always has the best for me. I just have to trust him, but when the time comes, I have to choose to live out the plan he has for my life. No one else can make the decision for me or live out my life for me.

Hmm, on another note. College applications. Whenever people ask me which colleges I'm applying to, they seem surprised by my answer. UMCP & UMBC. I've thought about applying to other colleges, but then, where would I go? Even if I did get accepted to a college out of state, it would be really expensive to go out of state. If I have to go to school for a long time, I might as well keep my debt low. I think I'll stick around Maryland a little bit longer. (:

This is a year of peace.
However, I have to keep choosing to trust God, which gets hard at times. It's easy to start worrying when things don't go the way I plan it, but there's always a reason. Always. I may never know, but there is.

YAY. I got my license yesterday. That's a long story in itself. So many things went wrong, but it all worked out. I was also praying for nice weather and it was so beautiful yesterday! Ah, anyways, long story short I would not have passed without God's grace and mercy. God is good. (: It actually seems surreal. Isn't it weird driving by yourself? Through the driving test God taught me that there are so many things that will be out of my control and when things are out of control, I can't do anything but pray. There's power in praying & believing. I got my license on 10/11/12!

“‘If you can’?” said Jesus. “Everything is possible for him who believes.” - Mark 9:23

Well today I finished taking my AP Bio quiz and then I was going to study for my English test. Then this guy tapped me on my shoulder and asks me if I did my stat vocab. And then I realized that I totally forgot about that part of the stat homework. Then I try to do some of it, but then whatever, I had homework passes. But then when I entered class, on the board it says "finish 5.2 vocab for homework." Yes! I have the weekend to do it now. Thank God. Sadly the forgetful part of me left my workbook somewhere in school. But, I asked someone to scan it to me.

God is good.



No comments:

Post a Comment

:)