Monday, October 29, 2012

wisdom

"For the foolishness of God is wiser than man's wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than man's strength." - 1 Corinthians 1: 25

"We do, however, speak a message of wisdom among the mature, but not the wisdom of this age or of the rulers of this age, who are coming to nothing. No, we speak of God's secret wisdom, a wisdom that has been hidden and that God destined for our glory before time began." - 1 Corinthians 2: 6-7

"This is what we speak, not in words taught us by human wisdom but in words taught by the Spirit, expressing spiritual truths in spiritual worlds." - 1 Corinthians 2: 13

"Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom. Though it cost all you have, get understanding." - Proverbs 4: 7

I used to think there was one type of wisdom, but I was wrong. There are two types - wisdom of God and wisdom of the world. The least of God's wisdom surpasses the greatest wisdom of the world. The thing about wisdom is that anyone can choose to seek it. It's just that not many people do. However wisdom gives us discernment in knowing what to do in tough circumstances. Right now my prayer topic is to gain wisdom. I believe to gain wisdom, you need the Holy Spirit as well. The Holy Spirit is that one that will guide us through the decisions we make in our lives. I actually had a lot of things to say, but I can't seem to write now that I'm actually writing.

thoughts:
  • The decisions you make today will impact your future. Be wise with the decisions you make today.
  • Priorities matter. Time to set my priorities again.
  • I heard this on the radio this morning, which I will be paraphrasing: often times we don't want to do the will of God because it's hard. We only know what God reveals, one step at a time. I thought this was quite interesting because that's what Moses did. He didn't want to do it because it was hard. That's what I do too. I give excuses because it's hard, but then God's plans are the best. (:
  • I can't do things. I need to give them up to God.
  • It's good to build other people up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

:)